Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New York Part 2

We had tickets for the 9/11 Memorial Friday afternoon and I must say it was so beautiful and very depressing at the same time. After we left the memorial, we stopped at the gift shop, I got a shirt of course and at check out the lady says "Would you like to donat a $1 to the WTC Fund?" REALLY I mean REALLY???? Who in the world would say no???? I'm praying nobody!! and yes I donated my $1 to WTC Fund! :) The museum part was not finished yet while we were there, so I'm hoping that in June it'll be finished because I want Tad and my daddy to see the Memorial!





 The Flag of Honor has all of the names of the people lost from 9/11(WTC,Pentagon, and the Flight) and I think it also has the names from the bombing of the WTC back in 80 something?? Is that right? I can't remember the date of the first bombing...
Momma, Aunt Gail and I in the subway, I'm not sure where we were going or where we were coming from.
 After leaving the 911 Memorial we went back down to China Town to find us some purses. Almost every person trying to sell us some wanted us to walk a couple block up and down and back over.. Of course we didn't go because thats to far to walk out of the way. We finally found a guy who just took us one block over... So we stood there while he was on the phone.. As we were waiting I said now if they take us in a room, I'm at the end of the line so that if something happens I'll get out first! bahaha! Of course that freaked Aunt Gail out... She has never expierenced Black Market purse/Jewelry buying! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I love the rush! :) The guy came back to us and said we had to go up a street because there was an undercover cop on that street! *LOL* It was soo funny! That freaked Aunt Gail out even more, her response on the way over to the other street was "Am I going to get arrested?" My response was "I'm not cause I'm going to RUN!" She was so funny I couldn't help but just laugh at her...So we picked out the purses we wanted to look at and gosh it took them 15 minutes I think to go get them and bring them back. In the mean time Gail wanted a watch and a guy had exactly what she wanted... That guy went to go get the watch for her to look at and I watched him walk away... Next thing I turn around and I look at Mother and Gail and say "That watch guy just went in that jewelry store over there" HAHAHAHAHAHA! I thought they could have died, they said seriously, I said well he walked that way! *lol* We got our purses finally, Jana,Mother, Gail, and I all got one for $35 a piece! They wanted $45 each...I think not! So needless to say we got ourselves a good rush and a few knockoffs! =) We go back to the subway to head back up to Time Square, and it takes us about 10 minutes everytime to make sure we are on the correct train. Well Gail,Jana, Anna and Cindy get on the subway we chose and mother and I were about to get on(I was last). Then Cindy says "This is the wrong one" As Cindy was trying to get off the train the doors start closing and won't let them out..They leave :0....I was so freaked out, I can't even descibe the feeling I had, Like my heart went straight to the ground.. Luckily my mother was with me and didn't make it on the train... Cindy and I both looked like deer in headlights... If anyone would have been taping that moment, we would have one America's Funniest Home Video's!!!! Anywho, Mother and I caught the next train and met up with them :)

Jana, Aunt Gail, Momma and I saw Wicked on Friday night and Jana and Cindy saw Jersey Boys. I feel asleep twice during Wicked, I liked it..but I was sooooooo tired!
The stage was awesome!!!!


 After We all got out of our shows, we met up at the corner of one of the streets to catch a cab to the Empire State Building. Boy oh Boy was it hard to get a cab at midnight! I thought we'd stand out there forever before getting one, either there light would be on or they would be off duty... Finally we got one after chasing them down :)



There's going to have to be a Part 3 for Saturday! The rest of Friday ended up being longer than I had thought it would be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment